Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2019/08/12 18:39:30 UTC

MapR nexus server

Hi Drill devs,

I’d like to raise a concern from the Calcite dev team. Of course Drill depends on Calcite, but Calcite also depends on Drill: we use drill-fmpp-plugin[1] in our build. This plugin looks for resources in http://repository.mapr.com/maven/ <http://repository.mapr.com/maven/> (because of its dependency on drill-root[2]).

The concern is whether repository.mapr.com will be available in the long term. If that repository were to go away, a lot of projects’ builds might start breaking.

Are there plans to address this concern?

Julian

[1] https://github.com/apache/drill/blob/master/tools/fmpp/pom.xml <https://github.com/apache/drill/blob/master/tools/fmpp/pom.xml>

[2] https://github.com/apache/drill/blob/master/pom.xml <https://github.com/apache/drill/blob/master/pom.xml>

Re: MapR nexus server

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
We will have a plan in place to avoid disruption of project builds.

Re: MapR nexus server

Posted by Catherine Lyman <cl...@mapr.com>.