Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Paulo Silva <al...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/13 17:23:31 UTC

Status of OCM?

Hi,

Again, I see myself lost in the sea of the Jackrabbit website :)
I can't seem to find any information on the status of OCM, namely for the
latest version (2.1.x?) and for 1.6.x.

At the webpage
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-components.html
it says that ocm is now at Jackrabbit commons but when I go to
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/commons/
there is no reference to it.

Basically what I want to know is:
a) what version of OCM to use with jackrabbit 1.6.2. (is it "stable"?)
b) what version to use with 2.1
c) where to download them
d) status of OCM development?

thanks in advance

Re: Status of OCM?

Posted by Will Scheidegger <wi...@mac.com>.
Hi Paulo

We are currently also looking into OCM and are facing the same problems as you ("Documentation obsolete" notes etc.). The 1.6 version of OCM can be found here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/commons/ocm/trunk/

As for the 2.x version: someone once mentioned that he/she ported OCM to Jackrabbit 2 and published it at google code:
http://code.google.com/p/jocm/
It was also said that the project would be moved back to the Apache svn... but I don't think this has happened yet.

-will

Re: Status of OCM?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Paulo Silva <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I can't seem to find any information on the status of OCM, namely for the
> latest version (2.1.x?) and for 1.6.x....

This was discussed a few times recently, see for example:
http://markmail.org/message/5fxbrzhyzrjjlry6

and/or search for "OCM" at http://markmail.org

-Bertrand