Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/09 02:01:50 UTC

T5: BeanEditForm, BeanEditor and
By default BeanEditForm includes <t:errors/>.

BeanEditor seems to expect that t:errors is placed outside if
programmer wants it.

Intuitively, I would expect a feature for both to support inline errors:

<t:beaneditform inlineErrors="literal:true" />
<t:beaneditor inlineErrors="literal:true" />

with <t:error> rendered next to a field and some CSS class to override.

That would be nice.

Re: T5: BeanEditForm, BeanEditor and Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Sheduling questions are hard ... it's simply a matter of prioritizing
the work and finding a way to do it, and maintain my income stream.
Same goes for the other devs, I'm sure.

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Should I then keep my pages backed by BeanEditor and BeanEditForm and
> wait for 5.3/5.4 or is this something not on the 2011 horizon?
>
> Adam
>
> On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> As we move away from the error bubbles, I think you'll see that errors
>> will naturally attach to the fields, and <t:errors/> will just display
>> errors not associated with a specific field.
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> By default BeanEditForm includes <t:errors/>.
>>>
>>> BeanEditor seems to expect that t:errors is placed outside if
>>> programmer wants it.
>>>
>>> Intuitively, I would expect a feature for both to support inline errors:
>>>
>>> <t:beaneditform inlineErrors="literal:true" />
>>> <t:beaneditor inlineErrors="literal:true" />
>>>
>>> with <t:error> rendered next to a field and some CSS class to override.
>>>
>>> That would be nice.

>> --
>> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>>
>> Creator of Apache Tapestry

>> (971) 678-5210
>> http://howardlewisship.com

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: T5: BeanEditForm, BeanEditor and Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
May be I am wrong but when I needed fields without labels in BeanEditor,
this is what I did

I extended PropertyEditBlocks as

public class PropertyEditBlocksWithoutLabel extends PropertyEditBlocks {
}

and the provided my own template

http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_0_0.xsd">

    <t:block id="tawus_text">
        <input t:id="textField"/>
    </t:block>

    <t:block id="tawus_number">
        <input t:id="numberField" class="t-number"/>
    </t:block>

and it worked for me. So if I would have added t:errors for individual
fields that would have worked too right ? Isn't this what
Adam needs for now ??

regards
Taha

Re: T5: BeanEditForm, BeanEditor and Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.
Should I then keep my pages backed by BeanEditor and BeanEditForm and
wait for 5.3/5.4 or is this something not on the 2011 horizon?

Adam

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As we move away from the error bubbles, I think you'll see that errors
> will naturally attach to the fields, and <t:errors/> will just display
> errors not associated with a specific field.
>
> On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> By default BeanEditForm includes <t:errors/>.
>>
>> BeanEditor seems to expect that t:errors is placed outside if
>> programmer wants it.
>>
>> Intuitively, I would expect a feature for both to support inline errors:
>>
>> <t:beaneditform inlineErrors="literal:true" />
>> <t:beaneditor inlineErrors="literal:true" />
>>
>> with <t:error> rendered next to a field and some CSS class to override.
>>
>> That would be nice.

> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>
> Creator of Apache Tapestry

> (971) 678-5210
> http://howardlewisship.com

Re: T5: BeanEditForm, BeanEditor and Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
As we move away from the error bubbles, I think you'll see that errors
will naturally attach to the fields, and <t:errors/> will just display
errors not associated with a specific field.

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> By default BeanEditForm includes <t:errors/>.
>
> BeanEditor seems to expect that t:errors is placed outside if
> programmer wants it.
>
> Intuitively, I would expect a feature for both to support inline errors:
>
> <t:beaneditform inlineErrors="literal:true" />
> <t:beaneditor inlineErrors="literal:true" />
>
> with <t:error> rendered next to a field and some CSS class to override.
>
> That would be nice.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210