Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by George Hester <he...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/03 01:15:19 UTC

cgi-bin

In my webapp in /WEB-INF/lib I put servlets-cgi.jar.  I then added just this to the web.xml in \WEB-INF

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>clientInputTimeout</param-name>
          <param-value>100</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>debug</param-name>
          <param-value>6</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>cgiPathPrefix</param-name>
          <param-value>WEB-INF/cgi</param-value>
        </init-param>
         <load-on-startup>5</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

Then I made a \cgi-bin folder and put a cgi file in there I know works over the web.  Call it test.cgi.  I then tried

http://localhost/jsp-files/cgi-bin/test.cgi

C\Inetpub\jsp-files

The reuslt was the cgi code returned as a text file.  What did I do wrong?  Can I get this to work?  ActiveState Perl is installed in C:\Perl.  Is there a test different than what I have done to see if what I set up works?  Thanks.

--
George Hester

Re: cgi-bin

Posted by George Hester <he...@hotmail.com>.
Yes Jean trouble is I cannot do that.  See I have a cgi-bin that is off the root of my Microsoft Internet Information Server.  So I cannot allow Tomcat to grab http://localhost/cgi-bin which is what will happen if I use the cgi-bin under Apache Group.  Tomcat doesn't have the cgi-bin in its uriworkermap.properties.  If it did it would grab the cgi-bin I use with IIS.

So I tried setting up a cgi-bin off a webapp I had made and is shown in the link I gave.  Can it be done in this fashion?  Thanks.

--
George Hester
__________________________________

Re: cgi-bin

[...]