Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by "Bennett, Timothy (JIS - Applications)" <Ti...@jis.nashville.org> on 2005/07/22 22:56:02 UTC

Maven-2 OSGi plugin

Hi all,

After some discussions with Alex, I started to create a new
maven-osgi-plugin for the Maven-2 platform to facilitate creating OSGi
bundle jars with M2.  I've got the first rudimentary goal in place which
simply takes a manifest.mf file co-located with the activator class and
merges in with Maven2's jar manifest.

There's certainly more to goals to come, but I've tackled the hard part,
and that's actually getting a maven-2 plugin working.  This has also
required making modifications to the maven2 codebase, because their
manifest configuration is not very robust.  More changes to Maven2 are
going to be required moving forward, but Brett Porter indicates that he
welcomes my contributions.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, maybe we can get what I have so far
into SVN, and I can continue to grow the plugin's functionality.

WDYT?

Regards,
Timothy
tbennett@apache.org

Re: Maven-2 OSGi plugin

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
Brett Porter wrote:
> Sounds like a good plan to me.
>
> I'll review the plugin and make sure you're kept up to date with any
> API changes (though with m2 beta 1 out soon, that should be unlikely).
> Is there a separate SCM list to subscribe to, or will they be fowarded
> here?

 From Roy's "getting started" email:

"
As a committer, you should also subscribe to the automated change
notices that will be sent to

    oscar-commits at incubator.apache.org
"

Enrique

Re: Maven-2 OSGi plugin

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a good plan to me.

I'll review the plugin and make sure you're kept up to date with any
API changes (though with m2 beta 1 out soon, that should be unlikely).
Is there a separate SCM list to subscribe to, or will they be fowarded
here?

Cheers,
Brett

Re: Maven-2 OSGi plugin

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Since we're just starting and the group is coming together we can just
> take the contribution.  I will add you to the list of committers and you
> can start committing your code.  As far as I can see you just started so
> there is no need for a code grant or anything.  You are already an
> Apache Committer with a CLA on file.
>
> Is this cool with everyone?

Even better.  Makes sense.

Enrique

Re: Maven-2 OSGi plugin

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Re: Maven-2 OSGi plugin

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
Bennett, Timothy (JIS - Applications) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After some discussions with Alex, I started to create a new
> maven-osgi-plugin for the Maven-2 platform to facilitate creating OSGi
> bundle jars with M2.
<snip/>

Re: Maven-2 OSGi plugin

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Jason van Zyl wrote:

>On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 16:23 -0400, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>

>>Bennett, Timothy (JIS - Applications) wrote:
>>
>>... snip
>>

>>>Anyway, if anyone is interested, maybe we can get what I have so far
>>>into SVN, and I can continue to grow the plugin's functionality.
>>>
>>>WDYT?
>>>

>>You should now be able to checkout and commit to oscar.  Here's the co
>>command I used:
>>
>>svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/oscar
>>

>I tried the anon access and the directory structure still seems to be
>empty.

Yes it still is.  We have to confirm the receipt of the software grant
from Richard so the Oscar code can be imported into the repo.

Alex

Re: Maven-2 OSGi plugin

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Simplex sigillum veri. (Simplicity is the seal of truth.)

Re: Maven-2 OSGi plugin

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.