Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw> on 2012/10/21 15:13:36 UTC

Wiki robots.txt

Dear all,

    I found the following rule in the robots.txt of our wiki:

Disallow: /

    Does any know if there is any special reason why it is set so?  Does
any have any reason to keep it?  I'm thinking of removing this rule.
This prevents legal search engines from indexing our wiki content.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>

Greenfoot Taiwan http://greenfoot.westart.tw/

Re: Wiki robots.txt

Posted by imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>.
As no objection was seen, I have removed robots.txt on our Wiki host.
Please speak out if anyone still found an problem that we should keep it.

Re: Wiki robots.txt

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 11:29:18 +0200
Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 21.10.2012 15:13, imacat wrote:
> >      I found the following rule in the robots.txt of our wiki:

> > Disallow: /
> >
> >      Does any know if there is any special reason why it is set so?  Does
> > any have any reason to keep it?  I'm thinking of removing this rule.
>
> +1, blocking all search robots makes no sense.
> Google etc. are also much more successful in finding relevant results to
> non-trivial searches. The wiki-builtin search had many problems [1],
> many of which are fixed in the meantime though.
>
> [1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Search_issues
>
> Herbert

+1

--