Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by Huw Roberts <Hu...@mmlive.com> on 2002/07/14 15:55:36 UTC

RE: Patch to Create a 'Local' Management Context (= SystemManage r)

I originally wrote the class as package level.  I made it an inner class for
two (perhaps not very good) reasons:
1) I don't really the like the name (SubContext) that much, so i thought
making it private made it easier to change if we find a better one
2) It was easier to submit since cvs diff seems to ignore new classes.

I guess there may be some long term implications for compatibility,
debugging or evolution, but i won't even pretend to have a handle on what
they are.  I'm just happy to see the code in, and now I'm thinking about
what makes the most sense to do next.

- Huw

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 14 Jul 2002 23:55, Huw Roberts wrote:
> I originally wrote the class as package level.  I made it an inner class
> for two (perhaps not very good) reasons:
> 1) I don't really the like the name (SubContext) that much, so i thought
> making it private made it easier to change if we find a better one
> 2) It was easier to submit since cvs diff seems to ignore new classes.

Kool.

> I guess there may be some long term implications for compatibility,
> debugging or evolution, but i won't even pretend to have a handle on what
> they are.  I'm just happy to see the code in, and now I'm thinking about
> what makes the most sense to do next.

fantastic... I'll eagerly await it ;)

--
Cheers,