Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Anton Epple <to...@eppleton.de> on 2017/11/15 14:05:32 UTC

JDK 9 & NB build

Hi,

the description on git incubator-netbeans suggests to have both JDK 9 and JDK 8 installed when building NB from sources. On mac this can cause problems, so the description should maybe be updated with instructions to make it work:

When you start the build with JDK 9 installed, you get the info that you need to set nbjdk.home to jdk 8. If you do that the build stops complaining and starts, but fails later with compilation errors. They can be solved by setting JAVA_HOME to jdk 8. That is quite confusing, so maybe the readme should mention that, or even better the ANT build.

Regards

Toni

Re: JDK 9 & NB build

Posted by Anton Epple <to...@eppleton.de>.
That is correct, but the build itself tells you to do set nbjdk.home, which is wrong, so the description or better the message from ant should be updated.

Am 15.11.17, 15:12 schrieb "Geertjan Wielenga" <ge...@googlemail.com>:

    How I do it on mac is:

    1. I have JDK 9 installed.

    2. In the terminal, I do export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8`

    3. Then in the same terminal I run 'ant' to build the NetBeans sources.

    Gj

Re: JDK 9 & NB build

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
How I do it on mac is: