Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Per Nyfelt <pe...@nordicwave.com> on 2002/07/12 17:15:22 UTC

Xindice imbedded

Hi,

I trying to use Xindice embedded into JBoss. I.e. I've defined it as a JMX service and ask it to
start up when JBoss does and shut down together with JBoss. I've packaged the necessary jars into a
sar (service archive) and Xindice starts up fine. I set the xindice_home system property and pass
the location of the server.xml config file to Kernel when calling the constructor.

The problem I have is that I'm unable to get the root collection :
	DatabaseManager.getCollection("xmldb:xindice:///db/");
return the following error:

org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: Collection not found: /db/
        at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.<init>(CollectionImpl.java:140)
        at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.DatabaseImpl.getCollection(DatabaseImpl.java:143)
        at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getCollection(DatabaseImpl.java:151)
        at org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(Unknown Source)
        at org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(Unknown Source)
        at rpn.db.XmlDbService.startService(Unknown Source)

I guess I need to change my configuration in server.xml but I'm unable to find documentation on
this. For the following snippet:

         <service class="org.apache.xindice.server.services.XindiceService" name="Xindice">
            <root-collection dbroot="./db/" name="db" security="false">
               <queryengine>
                  <resolver autoindex="false"
class="org.apache.xindice.core.query.XPathQueryResolver" />
                  <resolver class="org.apache.xindice.core.xupdate.XUpdateQueryResolver" />
               </queryengine>
            </root-collection>

What is the dbroot attribute and what is the name?

I'm using a CVS sanapshot as of today.

Best regards,
Per

Re: Build problems

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org>.
Fixed, thanks.

On Monday, July 15, 2002, at 10:28  AM, Per Nyfelt wrote:

> Hi I just updated from CVS and have some minor problems building that I'd
> like to point out:
>
> I guess org.apache.xindice.examples.CorbaAPIExample is obsolete and
> should be removed? The dist
> target is failing because of this file right now.
>
> Also org.apache.xindice.examples.XPathQueryInvoke is broken: Lines 87-89
> needs to be updated since
> XMLObjectService does not exist anymore.
>
> Best regards,
> Per

Kimbro Staken
Java and XML Software, Consulting and Writing http://www.xmldatabases.org/