Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by SuoNayi <su...@163.com> on 2012/02/27 08:22:59 UTC

Does solrj support compound type for field?

Hi all, I'm new to solr and just know that solrj  generates index for instance of POJO

by transform instance of pojo into an instance of type of SolrInputDocument with DocumentObjectBinder.

Supposing my POJO has  a property of List type and its element compound types

which are my customized class, Contact class for example.

In my case does solr support index my List whose element is my own customized class?

Thanks.

SuoNayi

Reply:Re: Does solrj support compound type for field?

Posted by SuoNayi <su...@163.com>.
Thanks Mikhail,what I mean is that when I index an instance of my POJO
which has a property of List type with Field annotation and it's element is a complex type while not primitive type,
such as my own Contact class, can solr index this instance successfully?
If successful how can I retrieve via the complex type,here is Contact?
Sorry for my poor english.

SuoNayi

At 2012-02-28 02:04:06,"Mikhail Khludnev" <mk...@griddynamics.com> wrote: >Hello, > >From what are you saying I can conclude you need something like >http://blog.mikemccandless.com/2012/01/searching-relational-content-with.html >News are not really great for you, work in progress >https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3076 > >I've heard that ElasticSearch has some sort of support of parent-child >search. > >Regards > >2012/2/27 SuoNayi <su...@163.com> > >> Hi all, I'm new to solr and just know that solrj  generates index for >> instance of POJO >> >> by transform instance of pojo into an instance of type of >> SolrInputDocument with DocumentObjectBinder. >> >> Supposing my POJO has  a property of List type and its element compound >> types >> >> which are my customized class, Contact class for example. >> >> In my case does solr support index my List whose element is my own >> customized class? >> >> Thanks. >> >> >> >> SuoNayi > > > > >--  >Sincerely yours >Mi
 khail Khludnev >Lucid Certified >Apache Lucene/Solr Developer >Grid Dynamics > ><http://www.griddynamics.com> > <mk...@griddynamics.com>

Re: Does solrj support compound type for field?

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
Hello,