Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Darwish <ot...@progressoft.com> on 2013/05/08 14:43:35 UTC

ProducerTemplate with Redelivery Policy

Hi ,

I  have transacted route with  TransactionErrorHandler  and defined
redelivery policy ,during route processing im calling processor which
communicate with  camel component X using producer template , if  exception
thrown from that component:

Is the redelivery policy will be applied on the entire exchange level or
just this call ?

if i want to apply it on the  producer template  level only , can i direct
this call to camel Direct point -new route- ?

-----
Othman Darwish
ProgressSoft Corp.

Re: ProducerTemplate with Redelivery Policy

Posted by Darwish <ot...@progressoft.com>.
Thanks Claus , i start new route ( from direct point ) and mark that route as
transacted ( require new ) ,
i expect that each exchange will commit when the new route end successfully
,but that not happening!, when i used seda point , its commit each exchange
individually .

is this normal ?

-----

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Yes you can call a new route using direct, and have that route as
transacted as well.

Camel error handler with redelivery is only happening in routes.

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 2:43 PM, Darwish <ot...@progressoft.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I  have transacted route with  TransactionErrorHandler  and defined
> redelivery policy ,during route processing im calling processor which
> communicate with  camel component X using producer template , if  exception
> thrown from that component:
>
> Is the redelivery policy will be applied on the entire exchange level or
> just this call ?
>
> if i want to apply it on the  producer template  level only , can i direct
> this call to camel Direct point -new route- ?
>

> -----
> Othman Darwish
> ProgressSoft Corp.

Claus Ibsen