Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Anurag Gujral <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/05 22:24:40 UTC

running compaction from a machine outside the cluster

Hi All,
         Is there a way I can run compaction on the cassandra cluster from a
machine where cassandra is not installed.I have a cluster of 6 machines
but I want to run compaction on them from a different machine which does not
have cassandra installed.

Thanks
Anurag

Re: running compaction from a machine outside the cluster

Posted by sridhar basam <sr...@basam.org>.
If you can reach your jmx ip/port, you can use any jmx client to start a
compaction. Use jconsole to connect to your jmx ip/port and then navigate to
mbeans->org.apache.cassandra.db->columnfamilies->.... ->operations

Underneath there you can invoke a bunch of methods including compaction.

 Sridhar

Posted by Peter Schuller <pe...@infidyne.com>.