Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Tilmann <ti...@gmx.de> on 2021/08/21 17:23:42 UTC

Assertions in spec

Hi,

sorry but I have to ask again:

- Assertions are created by setting the style of  e.g. "A6.4.3-18[" and
the following "]" to "Assertion", correct?
   (As described in the README.odt)

- Technically this is only a "Style", so there is no way to confirm that
I did it right except that the created PDF should look "fine"?

Thanks,
Tilmann

Re: spec review questions & Thursday

Posted by "Bouschen, Michael" <Mi...@akquinet.de.INVALID>.
Hi Tilman,

thanks for pointing this out. We talked about the issues (see the minutes), in short: we can remove the text in red color and we file a JIRA for the missing test cases.

Looking at the assertions in chapter 16 I figured out they do not have the assertion style, meaning they do not disappear when switching off the non-printable characters.

Regards Michael

Dear all,

I went through some more chapters (see JIRA) and I have two more questions:
- Section 16.1.3 has three "TODOs" (text in red color), I don't think
they are recent, do we know anything about these?
- Chapter 17 has a number of assertion A17.*, but I couldn't find any
JUnit tests for those. Is that known/okay/expected?

Unfortunately I cannot make in on Thursday. I should be available next
week as usual.

Cheers,
Til

--
Michael Bouschen
akquinet tech@spree GmbH

E-Mail: michael.bouschen@akquinet.de<ma...@akquinet.de>
Web:   www.akquinet.de<http://www.akquinet.de/>

Geschäftsführung: Martin Weber, Dr. Torsten Fink, Heinz Wilming
Amtsgericht Berlin HRB 86780 • USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 225 964 680

[Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/akquinet>  [XING]<https://www.xing.com/companies/akquinetag>  [LinkedIn]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/akquinet-ag>  [Twitter]<https://twitter.com/akquinet>

spec review questions & Thursday

Re: Assertions in spec

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tilmann,

> On Aug 21, 2021, at 10:23 AM, Tilmann <ti...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> sorry but I have to ask again:
>
> - Assertions are created by setting the style of  e.g. "A6.4.3-18[" and
> the following "]" to "Assertion", correct?

Yes, that is how I remember it working. It's only a comment so it has no effect on the document formatting. The Assertion style is hidden unless you toggle the box to display non-printing characters.

>   (As described in the README.odt)
>
> - Technically this is only a "Style", so there is no way to confirm that
> I did it right except that the created PDF should look "fine"?

Yes, there is nothing except for the hidden text that should remain hidden during normal editing and printing.

Regards,
Craig

> Thanks,
> Tilmann