Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michelle Caisse <mc...@sonic.net> on 2013/08/10 20:03:07 UTC

Internal dependency problem with clean build on the release branch

Hi all,

Preparatory to attempting a release, I cleaned my local repository and
did "mvn clean install".  On building exectck, I got a build error:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) javax.jdo:jdo-api:jar:3.1

This is because, per the apache instructions, our release artifacts have
-SNAPSHOT versions, but all dependencies, including the dependency on
the api jar that we are in the process of releasing, are to non
-SNAPSHOT versions. So, we build jdo-api-3.1-SNAPSHOT.jar, but we are
dependent on jdo-api-3.1.jar. What is the best way around this issue?

-- Michelle

Re: Internal dependency problem with clean build on the release branch

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mi...@akquinet.de>.
Hi Michelle,
> Thanks for catching my error, Michael.
you're welcome.

> Did we decide at a meeting that it is not a good idea to include the
> api in the tck source bundle?

What I recall is that we want to have a single source distribution
including everything, am I right?

Regards Michael

--
*Michael Bouschen*
*Prokurist*

akquinet tech@spree GmbH
Bülowstr. 66, D-10783 Berlin

Fon:   +49 30 235 520-33
Fax:   +49 30 217 520-12
Email: michael.bouschen@akquinet.de
Web: www.akquinet.de <http://www.akquinet.de>

akquinet tech@spree GmbH, Berlin
USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 225 964 680

Re: Internal dependency problem with clean build on the release branch

Posted by Michelle Caisse <mc...@sonic.net>.

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mi...@akquinet.de>.
Hi Michelle,

Posted by Michelle Caisse <mc...@sonic.net>.
Hi Michael,

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mi...@akquinet.de>.
Hi Michelle,

Posted by Michelle Caisse <mc...@sonic.net>.
Michael,

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mi...@akquinet.de>.
Hi Michelle,

sorry for the late response, I found your email today.

You mentioned "but all dependencies, including the dependency on the api

Posted by Michelle Caisse <mc...@sonic.net>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.