Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Murray Cumming <mu...@t-online.de> on 2001/12/01 22:34:29 UTC

Re: Plan for Xerces-C++ 1.6

On Tue, 2001-11-27 at 16:45, Tinny Ng wrote:
> Murray / Jason,
>
> Do you have the sane_include patch against the latest code base ready?

In the previous sane_includes package I seem to have edited generated files.
I'm trying to do it right this time, but I can't figure out how the Xerces-C++
build system works.

src/Makefile.in seems to be generated from src/Makefile.incl,
but also includes stuff from scripts/packageBinaries.pl.
How would I regenerate Makefile.in? Or, in other words, what's the
strange-Xercesc-C++-build-system equivalent of autogen.sh (aka aclocal,
autoconf, automake, etc.)

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc@usa.net

Re: Plan for Xerces-C++ 1.6

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Murray Cumming" <mu...@t-online.de> writes:

> On Tue, 2001-11-27 at 16:45, Tinny Ng wrote:
> > Murray / Jason,
> >
> > Do you have the sane_include patch against the latest code base ready?
>
> In the previous sane_includes package I seem to have edited
> generated files.  I'm trying to do it right this time, but I can't
> figure out how the Xerces-C++ build system works.
>
> src/Makefile.in seems to be generated from src/Makefile.incl, but
> also includes stuff from scripts/packageBinaries.pl.  How would I
> regenerate Makefile.in? Or, in other words, what's the
> strange-Xercesc-C++-build-system equivalent of autogen.sh (aka
> aclocal, autoconf, automake, etc.)

Hey Murry,

Anything labeled '.in' is hand generated, namely:

* configure.in - used by autoconf to create configure
* Makefile.in  - used by configure to create Makefile

run autoconf to create configure, and run configure to create
Makefile. The only odd part of the Xerces build system (and it is odd
enough) is that you need runConfigure.pl.

jas.