Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by David Sallge <da...@noffz.com> on 2005/09/14 12:29:53 UTC

FileAppender Linking Problem

Hello everyone!

I have a problem linking my testproject.
The library is linked correctly, the includes are included.
All other things (BasicConfigurator, Layout) work while linking.

Only this line seems to bring up the problem:
FileAppender *appender = new FileAppender(layout, _T("test.txt"));

The Linker error sais:
testprojekt error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
log4cxx::FileAppender::FileAppender
(class log4cxx::helpers::ObjectPtrT<class log4cxx::Layout> const &,
class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,
class std::allocator<char> > const &,bool)"
(__imp_??0FileAppender@log4cxx@@QAE@ABV?$
ObjectPtrT@VLayout@log4cxx@@@helpers@1@ABV?$
basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@_N@Z)

One thing I can't understand:
If I'm using the empty cunstructor
FileAppender *appender = new FileAppender();
Everything links fine, but there's no file to append to (obviously).

Any Ideas?

Thanx in advance,
David

Name:         David Sallge
Company:      Noffz ComputerTechnik GmbH
Address:      Tempelsweg 24A
              D-47918 Toenisvorst
              Germany

Phone:        +49-2151-99878-40
Fax:          +49-2151-99878-88
e-mail:       david.sallge@noffz.com
Internet:     www.noffz.com

Re: FileAppender Linking Problem

Posted by David Sallge <da...@noffz.com>.
Hi to all!

As noone had an idea, I fixed this myself.
Perhaps someone needs this solution, too, that's why I'm posting it.

It's quite simple:
In VS 7, when doing a MFC project, goto project - project properties.
Then in C/C++ - Language switch "Treat wchar_t as Built-in Type" to "no".
Then it works perfectly well.

Greetings,
David