Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Akash Ashok <th...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/23 08:22:09 UTC

Contacting a wrong regions

Hi All,
We currently have an issue in our HBase cluster that 2 of our regions on a
regions server have gone down. We can't enable or disable the regions. Are
there any tools to get the data out of it from HDFS files ?
We are ok with recreating the indices only for the keys in that region.

Cheers,
Akash A

Re: Contacting a wrong regions

Posted by Akash Ashok <th...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the wrong subject. I Changed it and sent another mail.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 1:03 AM, Akash Ashok <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also we have a lot of holes in .META. Are there tools for 0.20.6 which we
> can use to patch them ?

Back then there was the loadtable tool in bin dir.  It'd read the
content of the filesystem and replace current regions with what is in
the filesystem.  Otherwise, you could try the check_meta script.
IIRC, it was in hbase then.  See what it says.  You might have to mess
a little w/ the script to get it to work.

St.Ack

Re: Contacting a wrong regions

Posted by Akash Ashok <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Akash Ashok <th...@gmail.com>.