Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Siddharth Wagle <sw...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/07/24 18:21:37 UTC

Re: Questions for AMBARI-5707

Hi Lixiantao,

Metrics System deploys its own HBase (Master, RS, ZK based on the mode: embedded / distributed) where it store the metrics.

The OpenTSDB integration is supposed to be a Sink out of the Metrics System to the user deployed OpenTSDB if one exists. This is not currently implemented. AMBARI-10145, is filed as a future task as of now.

 Note: OpenTSDB is not required for Metrics System deployment.

Important links:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Metrics

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Enhanced+Service+Dashboard

-Sid