Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jon Haugsand <jo...@bbs.no> on 2006/05/04 14:03:28 UTC

Apache, Tomcat, rewrite and jkmount

A strange problem occured to me.  This is a part of my httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost *:81>
        ServerName hamsun
        RewriteEngine on
        RewriteRule ^/victoria - [L,PT]
        RewriteRule (.*) /victoria$1 [L,PT]
        JkMount    /* hamsunworker
</VirtualHost>

It actually works in the sense that both the rewrite log, the access
log at the apache server and the access log at the tomcat server
print sensible things.  E.g. the access log at the tomcat (after
activating the correct valve):

...... "GET /victoria/index.html http/1.1" 200 2345

This is good, but this only takes place when I issue the GET request
to:

  http://hamsun/victoria/index.html

If, on the other hand, I try to activate the second rewrite rule:

 http://hamsun/index.html

I see the following:

...... "GET /victoria/index.html http/1.1" 302 -

A redirection!  Where does it come from, and on what indication does
it trigger?  I cannot see any difference between the two requests at
the Tomcat side.

--
   Jon Haugsand