Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Benoit Tellier <bt...@linagora.com> on 2018/06/21 10:17:27 UTC

Writing detailed how-to guides for James

Hi,

In a previous discussion we mentioned the fact that, in order to get
more traction on the James project, we
could write detailed "how to" guides, giving concrete examples for using
James features.

This pull request (Opened on Apache GitHub) proposes a page layout as
well as a detailed example (custom mail processing). Do you have some
feedback on this?

Furthermore, for now, we plan to add the following topics:

 - Custom mail processing
 - Custom mailbox Listener
 - Starting an IMAP server
 - SMTP gateway
 - Setting up SpamAssassin
 - Embedding James for tests

Do you think we forgot some?
Do you want to contribute some additional "how to"s?
Do you use James for something else?

Please take a look at the ongoing PR on this issue: [1]

[1] https://github.com/apache/james-project/pull/122

Best regards,

Benoit Tellier