Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Lyor Goldstein <lg...@apache.org> on 2018/06/23 14:55:22 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache SSHD 2.0.0 released

 The Apache SSHD project is pleased to announce the release of SSHD 2.0.0

Apache SSHD is a 100% pure java library to support the SSH protocols on
both the client and server side. This library can leverage Apache MINA and
also Netty - scalable and high performance asynchronous IO libraries. SSHD
does not really aim at being a replacement for the SSH client or SSH server
from Unix operating systems, but rather provides support for Java based
applications requiring SSH support.

There have been many bug fixes and improvements since last released version
1.7.0 - a major one being that SSHD now consists of several distinct
artifact rather than being monolithic, In order to achieve this, some code
re-factoring was necessary - especially for SCP, SFTP and using MINA or
Netty instead of (the default) NIO2. We therefore decided to name the
version as 2.0 in order to emphasize the fact that backward compatibility
is not 100% guaranteed. Users are encouraged to read the documentation
available at https://github.com/apache/mina-sshd/ which has been updated to
reflect the necessary code changes.

We recommend all users to upgrade to this release. We consider this a
stable and production ready release.