Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by sam liu <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/30 14:32:59 UTC

How to write/run MPI program on Yarn?

Hi Experts,

Does Hadoop 2.0.5-alpha supports MPI programs?

- If yes, is there any example of writing a MPI program on Yarn? How to
write the client side code to configure and submit the MPI job?
- If no, which Hadoop version will support MPI programming?

Thanks!

Re: How to write/run MPI program on Yarn?

Posted by Olivier Renault <or...@hortonworks.com>.
Sam,

The fundamental idea of YARN is to split up the two major functionalities of
the JobTracker, resource management and job scheduling/monitoring, into
separate daemons. With YARN, we're going to be able to run multiple
workload, one of them being MapReduce another one being MPI. So mpich2-yarn
is the port of MPI to run on top of yarn.

You may want to read :
http://hortonworks.com/hadoop/yarn/
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/YARN.html

Hope it helps,
Olivier

--
Olivier Renault
Solution Engineer - Big Data - Hortonworks, Inc.

Re: How to write/run MPI program on Yarn?

Posted by Olivier Renault <or...@hortonworks.com>.
Sam,

Posted by Olivier Renault <or...@hortonworks.com>.
Sam,

Posted by Olivier Renault <or...@hortonworks.com>.
Sam,

Posted by sam liu <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sam liu <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sam liu <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sam liu <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sam liu <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Pramod and Clark!

Posted by sam liu <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Pramod and Clark!

Posted by sam liu <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Pramod and Clark!

New LinkedIn Group: Cloud & Big Data Consumers and Service Providers

Posted by naser chowdhury <as...@yahoo.com>.
Hi All,

Just opened up a new LinkedIn group: Cloud & Big Data Consumers and Service Providers. Please feel free to join to discuss issues related to those topics.

http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=5084326&trk=anet_ug_hm

Thanks,
Naser Chowdhury,
Ph.D. Candidate in Information Technology

Re: How to write/run MPI program on Yarn?

Posted by sam liu <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Pramod and Clark!

Posted by "Clark Yang (杨卓荦)" <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi, sam