Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Imesha Sudasingha <im...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2017/03/17 17:26:23 UTC

[GSoC2017] [VXQUERY-180] RESTful API

Hi all,

I'm Imesha Sudasingha, a final year undergraduate of University of
Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I saw that the project, VXQUERY-180 - RESTful API has
been added to the GSoC project recently.

Since I have good experience in Java related applications, I decided to
inquire about the status of this project with contributing to this project
in mind. I went through the link [1] given in the issue and got a brief
understanding on the task.

Therefore what I want to know is, can I use JAX-RS like package when
implementing the REST API? Also, will implementing and documenting the REST
API be the only tasks for this project?

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VXQUERY/Server+API

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,
*Imesha Sudasingha*
Undergraduate of Department of Computer Science and  Engineering,
University of Moratuwa,
Sri Lanka.

<https://lk.linkedin.com/in/imeshasudasingha>  <https://github.com/IMS94>
<http://stackoverflow.com/users/4012073/imesha-sudasingha>
<https://twitter.com/Imesha94>

Re: [GSoC2017] [VXQUERY-180] RESTful API

Posted by Steven Jacobs <sj...@ucr.edu>.
Hi Imesha!
I would review the wiki page we have created to document the RESTful API.
Most of the details can be found there. Our sister project AsterixDB also
has a RESTful API which we would like to emulate (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ASTERIXDB/New+HTTP+API+Design).
It could be in the future we could share this API for both projects. Also
note how the RESTful API would need to be integrated into the command line
interface so we have one method of running queries. A nice website
interface would be sugar on top of the project (if possible).
Steven

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Imesha Sudasingha <imesha.13@cse.mrt.ac.lk