Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Martin Schröder <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/02 13:05:37 UTC

Re: Creating Products in the catalog / localization -> solved.

Hi everyone,
I found the solution, and I have to admit I have not understood the article
about localization (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/How+to+localize+Product+and+Categories+descriptions)
correctly.

After doubting the ofbiz project and its documentation, the version of my
ofbiz installation and its configuration, I reread the localization article
and finally found out that the trick is to structure the content elements
and their data sources hierarchically (right) so they can be used by ofbiz
to supply data in the selected language for the Name and the Descripion
field of a category .

So to localize the category, in the category page I create two content
elements, one for the category name and then for the category description

   - Update Category Content Assoc

CONTENT TYPE FROM DATE THROUGH DATE EDIT CONTENT
KleidungName 10111 Category Name 2019-03-01 00:00:00.000   10111 Delete
KleidungDescription 10122 Description 2019-04-01 00:00:00.000   10122 Delete

Then I go to the "content" for each entry (buttons on the left) an there I
add a long text data source for each locale; using the "shortcut form"
below (Create Simple Text Content For Alternate Locale)

   - List Associated Content Infos

CONTENT ASSOC TYPE ID CONTENT TYPE ID LOCALE STRING
FORMFIELDTITLE_DATARESOURCETYPEID EDIT DATA RESOURCE EDIT CONTENT
Alternate Locale Document en Long Text 10120 10120
Alternate Locale Document es Long Text 10121 10121

   - Create Simple Text Content For Alternate Locale

Locale String
Text

Now when I switch the langauge in the ecommerce app, the name and the
description is displayed in the correct language.
Maybe this saves others from going in the wrong direction at first as well.

Kind regards
Martin

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Martin,

thanks for coming back with the solution for the reported problem!

If you feel that the documentation needs to be clarified, you might want
to register as an contributor and edit the documentation. Every help is
appreciated!

Thanks,

Michael Brohl
ecomify GmbH