Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/07 19:43:03 UTC

dumb quetsion . . .

I'm been starting to use Maven for some of my projects.  One thing
that I've not been able to clear up is how the dependencies get
deployed to my deployment environment.  For development, I sometimes
use the assembly plugin's ability to generate a single Jar with all
dependencies included, or I use the jetty plugin to run web apps, and
this knows about all of the maven managed dependencies inherently.

But what is the best way to deploy and run my app in a production setting?

Re: dumb quetsion . . .

Posted by Alexander <th...@gmail.com>.
I do copy all dependencies in lib folder and then add them to jar classpath.

2009/12/8 ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com>

> I'm been starting to use Maven for some of my projects.  One thing
> that I've not been able to clear up is how the dependencies get
> deployed to my deployment environment.  For development, I sometimes
> use the assembly plugin's ability to generate a single Jar with all
> dependencies included, or I use the jetty plugin to run web apps, and
> this knows about all of the maven managed dependencies inherently.
>
> But what is the best way to deploy and run my app in a production setting?

Alexander

Re: dumb quetsion . . .

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
There cannot be a single answer to this since applications,
application packages and use cases are different. If you are building
webapplications and updating your own site, Maven cargo plugin is very
effective (google this list for examples, lots of them). If you are
developing a client-side application, you want to probably package
everything up into a single file (zip, exe, installer package etc.)
and make it available to your customers one way or another. In one
instance, I used the assembly plugin and deployed that assembly
together with Maven site and linked to the file from the index page.

Kalle