Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Hill_Xie <cu...@yahoo.com> on 2009/02/23 17:07:19 UTC

Log4j - NTEventLogAppender (Library is already loaded in another ClassLoader)

I have two applications deployed to the same profile on websphere server,
they both need to log information to windows event log using log4j. First, I
set up the log4j as a shared library, then reference the shared library from
both applications and copy the NTEventLogAppender.dll to the
windows\system32. It works well when I use
"org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender" as appender in the configuration
file, I can see the new entry logged in the log file. but after I changed to
"org.apache.log4j.nt.NTEventLogAppender", I got the error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: NTEventLogAppender (Library is already
loaded in another ClassLoader).

By research on interent, I understand this is because the
NTEventLogAppender.dll, as a native dll file, is not controlled by websphere
server. To avoid this error, it is my responsibility to ensure the dll is
only loaded once. There is also an example on the internet to show how to
create an utility JAR file and load the native dll file, then set up it as
shared library. But with log4j I have no idea how to do this. I have spent
lots of time trying to figure out, but still no luck %-|. Could anyone
please advise? Any help will be highly appreciated!