Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Jacob, Anil - MWT" <Ja...@menlolog.com> on 2004/04/30 18:27:30 UTC

Setting property for all targets

 If I am using an target which gets user input which in turn gets set as
a property(addproperty=${input value}), how can I make sure this
property gets set for all targets. i.e emulating the -Dproperty=value
command line option via the input task.

Thx
Anil

Re: Setting property for all targets

Posted by Jack Woehr <ja...@purematrix.com>.
Matt Benson wrote:

> --- "Jacob, Anil - MWT" <Ja...@menlolog.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >  If I am using an target which gets user input which
> > in turn gets set as
> > a property(addproperty=${input value}), how can I
> > make sure this
> > property gets set for all targets. i.e emulating the
> > -Dproperty=value
> > command line option via the input task.
>
> Any property you set will be available to any other
> tasks called in the JVM "lifetime" of the same Ant
> Project... is that what you're asking?

No, this is the old "How do I return a value from a target to the global project" question he's asking.
He's getting the property value in a target by querying the user to input a value and wants to set
a project-wide property from the result. Ant-Contrib may be the answer.

--
Jack J. Woehr            # "[F]ar in the empty sky a solitary esophagus slept
http://www.well.com/~jax #  upon motionless wing; everywhere brooded stillness,

Re: Setting property for all targets

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
wrote:

>  If I am using an target which gets user input which
> in turn gets set as
> a property(addproperty=${input value}), how can I
> make sure this
> property gets set for all targets. i.e emulating the
> -Dproperty=value
> command line option via the input task.

Any property you set will be available to any other
tasks called in the JVM "lifetime" of the same Ant
Project... is that what you're asking?

-Matt