Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Dave Lester <da...@davelester.org> on 2015/09/08 19:13:06 UTC

Creating Aurora user@ and announcements@ lists?

I'd like to propose establishing a few additional mailing lists for the
Aurora project:

* a user@ list to field questions that may go unanswered related to the
use and operations of Aurora. As the community grows, I increasingly see
questions on IRC that go unanswered during non-business hours, or that
are better handled asynchronously. This list would be a space for those
discussions, along with other non-dev conversations.

* an announcements@ list that only Aurora committers could publish to
for release, committer, and project announcements.

Why should be create new lists? To increase communication with non-dev
members of the Aurora community. Additionally, I spent time digging
through stats from other Apache projects and found that non-dev lists
tend to have a higher subscriber rate -- particularly user@ lists. Let's
give a space for those members of the community.

Thoughts? If I don't hear any objections, I'll go ahead and file an
INFRA ticket later this week.

Dave

Re: Creating Aurora user@ and announcements@ lists?

Posted by Dave Lester <da...@davelester.org>.
Following-up: both lists were created and are now linked to on the
Aurora website.

To subscribe, email each respective subscribe email account:
user-subscribe@aurora.apache.org
announcements-subscribe@aurora.apache.org

Which will subscribe you to the following lists:
user@aurora.apache.org
announcements@aurora.apache.org

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevin Sweeney <ke...@apache.org>.