Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Mahesh Renduchintala <ma...@aline-consulting.com> on 2020/05/14 06:28:58 UTC

UserVersion for Remote Deployment

Hi,

We have a class (SqlQuery) that migrates from the client node to the remote node for execution.

is the below way of fixing UserVersion for this class on the client node side correct? If not, what is the right way?

see below.

ignite.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
       xmlns:util="http://www.springframework.org/schema/util"
       xsi:schemaLocation="
        http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsd
        http://www.springframework.org/schema/util http://www.springframework.org/schema/util/spring-util.xsd">

    <description>Ignite class loader</description>
    <!-- User version. -->
    <bean id="userVersion" class="java.lang.String">
        <constructor-arg value="1.1"/>
        <util:list id="tasks">
            <value>net.abc.xyz.SqlQuery</value>
        </util:list>
    </bean>
</beans>

The other question we have is, in shared deployment mode,

a) is it a correct understanding that as long as UserVersion matches with the remote node for that class, the class will NOT be deployed only once to the remote node from many other client nodes?

b) is it a correct understanding that if we change the userVersion (here say from 1.1 to 1.2),  the class will redeploy once again?

regards
Mahesh

Re: UserVersion for Remote Deployment

Posted by Mahesh Renduchintala <ma...@aline-consulting.com>.
typos - corrected

a) is it a correct understanding that as long as UserVersion of the client matches that of the remote node for that class, the class will NOT be redeployed from any other client nodes?