Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Doug Rayner <dr...@savicom.net> on 2004/02/05 02:22:32 UTC

Change in behavior of in 2.0?

I had some templates working in Embperl::Object V1.3.6 which don't work the
same way with V2.0.

Here is a code snippet:

            <th class="titletext">[+ $header[$col] +]</th>

I 1.3.6, I get a table with one header (column titles from $header[]), and
several other rows (column values from $table[][]).  In 2.0 I get the
headers repeated for each table row.  Is there any way to change this code
to get the old behavior?

Eample:

V1.3.6:

   Section     Count    Time
    1               10         10:00
    2               20         11:00
    3               30         12:00

V 2.0:

   Section     Count    Time
    1               10         10:00
   Section     Count    Time
    2               20         11:00
   Section     Count    Time
    3               30         12:00

Thanks and regards,

Doug Rayner
Senior System Architect
Savicom: Next Generation eMail Marketing
http://www.savicom.net
(415) 617-9006

Re: Building Embperl from CVS sources

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> Note: I am now getting this error in the apache log file after every
> request.  I suspect it is caused by something in the latest Embperl
> build. It seems it is an internal Perl error.  Is this something you
> are aware of? Is it benign?  Is it "fixable"?

It's not a real problem

>     Attempt to free unreferenced scalar during global destruction.

To get rid of it goto xs/Embperl/App/App.xs and comment out the whole
content of the Destroy function (see the same file in the Embperl
distribution)

Gerald

> Thanks and regards,
>
> Doug Rayner
> Senior System Architect
> Savicom: Next Generation eMail Marketing
> http://www.savicom.net
> (415) 617-9006

/home/drayner/perllib/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/ExtUtils/XSBuilder/WrapXS.pm

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

Posted by Doug Rayner <dr...@savicom.net>.
I would like to start using this new feature, but the 2.0b12 kist has not
been built yet.  I got the latest sources from
http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/embperl/, but had trouble running the XS
scripts.  Has anyone seen this problem?  Any suggestions?

> perl xsbuilder/source_scan.pl -- seems to run fine

> xsbuilder/xs_generate.pl -- lots or warnings such as:
struct tAppConfig...
WARNING: pPool not in mapfile
WARNING: bUseEnv not in mapfile
WARNING: bUseRedirectEnv not in mapfile

and finally:

Can't locate object method "new_podtemplate" via package "Embperl::WrapXS"
at
/home/drayner/perllib/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/ExtUtils/XSBuilder/WrapXS.pm
line 1586.

Going ahead and build Embper fails:

> perl Makefile.PL
Warning: the following files are missing in your kit:
        Config.pod
        META.yml
        xs/Embperl/App/App.xs
        xs/Embperl/App/Config/Config.xs
        xs/Embperl/App/Config/Makefile.PL
        xs/Embperl/App/Makefile.PL
        xs/Embperl/Component/Component.xs
        xs/Embperl/Component/Config/Config.xs
        xs/Embperl/Component/Config/Makefile.PL
        xs/Embperl/Component/Makefile.PL
        xs/Embperl/Component/Output/Makefile.PL
        xs/Embperl/Component/Output/Output.xs
        xs/Embperl/Component/Param/Makefile.PL
        xs/Embperl/Component/Param/Param.xs
        xs/Embperl/Makefile.PL
        xs/Embperl/Req/Config/Config.xs
        xs/Embperl/Req/Config/Makefile.PL
        xs/Embperl/Req/Makefile.PL
        xs/Embperl/Req/Param/Makefile.PL
        xs/Embperl/Req/Param/Param.xs
        xs/Embperl/Req/Req.xs
        xs/Embperl/Thread/Makefile.PL
        xs/Embperl/Thread/Thread.xs
        xs/Makefile.PL
Please inform the author.

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

Re: Use Embperl 2.0 or 1.3.6? (was: Change in behavior of in 2.0?)

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> We did prototyping and testing with V1.3.6, and we are about to start
> a project to produce a production system.  We would prefer to start
> with the "latest" version, and not have to do the upgrade to a newer
> during the project or soon after.  At this point we are planning on
> starting the effort using V2.0b.  How would you characterize the
> status of the beta?  Feature complete (well, not completely, I gather
> from your response below)?

It's feature complete (I think TH will not make it into 2.0)

>  Stable?

Yes, we use it in production for all our projects

>How much use has it had?

>From the questions on the list, it seem that it has already a lot of users.

>  Is it
> close to release?

Yes, hopefully the final release will be in one or two month

>  Would you recommend starting a project with it, or
> sticking with the V1.3.6 release?

Use 2.0 and not 1.3.6. With 2.0 you get a lot of features you don't have in
1.3.x and it really ready for use. There are only a few very small issuse
that I need to sort out before releasing the final 2.0 version.

Gerald

Re: Change in behavior of in 2.0?

Posted by Doug Rayner <dr...@savicom.net>.
Gerald;

Thanks for the quick reply.

We did prototyping and testing with V1.3.6, and we are about to start a
project to produce a production system.  We would prefer to start with the
"latest" version, and not have to do the upgrade to a newer during the
project or soon after.  At this point we are planning on starting the effort
using V2.0b.  How would you characterize the status of the beta?  Feature
complete (well, not completely, I gather from your response below)?  Stable?
How much use has it had?  Is it close to release?  Would you recommend

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Doug Rayner wrote:
> I had some templates working in Embperl::Object V1.3.6 which don't
> work the same way with V2.0.

<th> is not (yet) support in Embperl 2.0, write

> Here is a code snippet:

>           cellpadding="2">
    [$ if $row == 0 $]