Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Lorenzo Thurman <lo...@thethurmans.com> on 2008/01/14 18:27:05 UTC

Repository rights question

I setup my repository from scratch as userA. I used it as userA via ssh
and everything worked just fine. I then setup another account, userB and
found that userB could not commit changes. Checkouts worked just fine.
Both userA and userB are in the svnusers group.

We use a similar setup at work, so I checked the rights on the
repository and saw that our repository is setup as 770 (give or take a
the odd file or a directory). And this works for us via ssh.
I changed the rights on my repository to match this and it now works for
userB.

A fresh repo has rights (give or take a the odd file or a directory) of 755.

So my question is this:
What are the correct rights that allow multi-user access via ssh and is
there anywhere this is documented?
TIA

Re: Repository rights question

Posted by Lorenzo Thurman <lo...@thethurmans.com>.
Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2008, at 12:27, Lorenzo Thurman wrote:
>
>> I setup my repository from scratch as userA. I used it as userA via
>> ssh and everything worked just fine. I then setup another account,
>> userB and found that userB could not commit changes. Checkouts worked
>> just fine. Both userA and userB are in the svnusers group.
>>
>> We use a similar setup at work, so I checked the rights on the
>> repository and saw that our repository is setup as 770 (give or take a
>> the odd file or a directory). And this works for us via ssh.
>> I changed the rights on my repository to match this and it now works
>> for userB.
>>
>> A fresh repo has rights (give or take a the odd file or a directory)
>> of 755.
>>
>> So my question is this:
>> What are the correct rights that allow multi-user access via ssh and
>> is there anywhere this is documented?
>
> Have you read this section of the book?
>
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.serverconfig.multimethod.html

Thank you, honestly, I looked through the manual, a few times and
googled this. I don't how I missed this.

Re: Repository rights question

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.