Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Malcolm Bovis <ma...@cognitionsolutions.com> on 2003/10/21 18:43:24 UTC

[users@httpd] FW: uploading files using apache 1.3.2 > 1MB

Hi, I'm trying to upload files > 1MB using form enctype mutipart/data,
and all goes fine until just under 1MB.

I can upload multiple files at once less than 800kb in total and all
stays well, yet when I try and upload 1 or more larger files, I.E gives
me the page "Action Canceled", this means that it doesnt even get to the
cgi script!!!!

 I wrote the cgi script to upload files myself, and its a first for me
so thought I'd use someone else's to test it (psupload), as it claimed
to be capable of 500MB+, yet I get the same problem...

This leads me to believe it may be a server problem...

I have looked around forums and mailing lists, and see that this is a
problem for many users using PHP and Apache (and have therefore
discovered solutions for PHP, Cold Fusion and another), but I cannot
find any solutions for my particular problem, I have also looked at the
LimitRequestBody but it is not in my conf files anyway, and I've tried
adding it.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.!

Thx

Malcolm Bovis
Cognition Solutions, Fairview Court
119-127 Fairview Road, Cheltenham, GL52 2EX.
Tel:01242 244014
 <http://www.cognitionsolutions.com/> website  |
<ma...@cognitionsolutions.com> email