Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Remy Crepin <re...@atosorigin.com> on 2008/06/20 16:49:20 UTC

openejb.war malformed

The openejb.war file, available form the OpenEJB download page, is apparently
malformed as the WEB-INF/classes directory contains some junk (such as JSPs,
another WEB-INF directory, ...). This is just for information: nothing
prevents from successfully deploying it in Tomcat, though. It might only be
cleaner to leave the WEB-INF/classes directory empty.

I take that opportunity to thank again for this great EJB container: using
it is really a snap and it looks very stable so far as I have tested.

Best regards,
Rémy.

Re: openejb.war malformed

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 7:56 AM, David Blevins <da...@visi.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Remy Crepin <re...@atosorigin.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> The openejb.war file, available form the OpenEJB download page, is
>>> apparently
>>> malformed as the WEB-INF/classes directory contains some junk (such as
>>> JSPs,
>>> another WEB-INF directory, ...). This is just for information: nothing
>>> prevents from successfully deploying it in Tomcat, though. It might only
>>> be
>>> cleaner to leave the WEB-INF/classes directory empty.
>
> Looks like Jacek took care of this one.  Thanks, Jacek!

Me?! Can't be! How? I don't understand the issue so how I could fix
it. If you don't elaborate on it, I'll be living in a unconscious
state ;-)

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski

Re: openejb.war malformed

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Jun 20, 2008, at 9:00 AM, Karan Malhi wrote:

> Remy,
>
> Thanks for using OpenEJB. This is great feedback and is really
> appreciated.
>

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Remy Crepin <remy.crepin@atosorigin.com
> >
> wrote:
>

>> The openejb.war file, available form the OpenEJB download page, is
>> apparently
>> malformed as the WEB-INF/classes directory contains some junk (such
>> as
>> JSPs,
>> another WEB-INF directory, ...). This is just for information:
>> nothing
>> prevents from successfully deploying it in Tomcat, though. It might
>> only be
>> cleaner to leave the WEB-INF/classes directory empty.

Looks like Jacek took care of this one.  Thanks, Jacek!

>> I take that opportunity to thank again for this great EJB
>> container: using
>> it is really a snap and it looks very stable so far as I have tested.

Thanks for the support, we definitely appreciate it :)

-David

Re: openejb.war malformed

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
Remy,

wrote:

> The openejb.war file, available form the OpenEJB download page, is
> apparently
> malformed as the WEB-INF/classes directory contains some junk (such as
> JSPs,
> another WEB-INF directory, ...). This is just for information: nothing
> prevents from successfully deploying it in Tomcat, though. It might only be
> cleaner to leave the WEB-INF/classes directory empty.
>
> I take that opportunity to thank again for this great EJB container: using
> it is really a snap and it looks very stable so far as I have tested.
>
> Best regards,
> Rémy.

Karan Singh Malhi