Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Ramesh Mandava <Ra...@sun.com> on 2003/01/09 21:22:49 UTC

[Code Bundle-3]Re: [Proposal] Using ListResourceBundle ( for I18N/L10N ) in all Xalan packages/ Donation of code and localized messages for Xalan

This is Code Bundle-3 and contain
 1 ) xpath-res2.jar [ Final set of localized files and contents that go in
org.apache.xpath.res ]

Regards
-Ramesh Mandava
) in all Xalan packages/ Donation of code and  localized messages for Xalan
To: xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
Cc: ramesh.mandava@sun.com

This is Code Bundle-2 and contain
 1 ) xpath-res1.jar [ First set of localized files and contents that go in
org.apache.xpath.res ]

Regards
-Ramesh

) in all Xalan packages/ Donation of code and  localized messages for Xalan
To: xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
Cc: ramesh.mandava@sun.com

[ Note:   As there is limit on the  mail size for sending it on this alias I am
sending the contents in separate mails.
  This is mail-1 and contains
 1) patch file for existing files src-patch.diff
 2) list of files which were affected outside of "res" directories
 3) xpath-res.jar [ localized files and contents in org.apache.xml.utils.res ] ]

  Hi:

   It seems that nobody have objection for using ListResourceBundle instead of
property files for doing I18N/L10N of Xalan.

    I am attaching the updated files including the localized files for the
message strings until Xalan 2.4.1 release.

    I also updated the keys to be meaningful strings after defining the static
constants as Strings. With this the constant strings are directly the keys into
the contents array and we don't need to have one method call to have conversion
from integer id to String key.
     This is more clearer to understand. And other advantage is that we don't
need to worry about keeping the MAX_CODE and MAX_WARNINGS in sync whenver we are
     updating new messages. With the previous way if somebody miss updating
these values, then eventhough content Array has the localized message, we maynot
be able to use those messages.

     I am attaching the affected files list ( affected-xalan-files.txt), where
error and warn methods were assuming "int" value for message code before to
"String" value now. These files are outside "res" directories of
xalan/xpath/xml.

     Can somebody review the contents and update the codebase.

     Thanks
     -Ramesh