Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Tom Wollert <to...@codeweavers.net> on 2019/02/27 09:36:11 UTC

Connection status on cluster exposed anywhere?

Is it possible to get the current connection status out of Cassandra C#
driver?

In particular I'm looking at getting
- connected hosts
- whether the node is considered up by the driver
Which I can get from the MetaData, as well as:
- connected keyspaces
- the number of connections open(per keyspace, as the connectionpool is not
shared)
- the number of current read/writes (per keyspace/host ideally)
Which seems to be internal state that is never exposed.

Any ideas before I use reflection to look at the internal state?

Cheers,

Tom

--
 <https://codeweavers.net>

*Codeweavers Showroom System Q1 Goals
<https://codeweavers.net/company-blog/codeweavers-showroom-system-q1-goals>*

<https://codeweavers.net/company-blog/codeweavers-showroom-system-q1-goals>

*Who could dealers collaborate with for shared success?
<https://codeweavers.net/company-blog/who-could-dealers-collaborate-with-for-shared-success>*

*
*
*Phone:* 0800 021 0888   Email: contactus@codeweavers.net
<ma...@codeweavers.net>
Codeweavers Ltd | Barn 4 | Dunston
Business Village | Dunston | ST18 9AB
Registered in England and Wales No.
04092394 | VAT registration no. 974 9705 63

<https://twitter.com/Codeweavers_Ltd>
<https://www.facebook.com/Codeweavers.Ltd/>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/codeweavers-limited>

Re: Connection status on cluster exposed anywhere?

Posted by Tom Wollert <to...@codeweavers.net>.
Thanks for the link Unfortunately doesn't quite help me with what I need
(or think I need). We only see the IP address who has connections open, but
we have multiple applications running on the same server so can't tell
which one (pg and sql server I think allow passing in an identifier as part
of the connection string for example).

It also seems like the driver might have different ideas about whether a
node is up or not that is different from what the respective nodes think.
Which is why I'd like the clients perspective on those metrics.

Posted by Rahul Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.