Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2014/05/02 18:30:59 UTC

resources in ctakes jars

There is a filter in the root pom.xml to only include these types inside the jars during package time:
So essentially, all of the jars from *-res projects will be empty.
I think this was residual setting when we were still in incubator where we were debating if resources should be included.
Are there any exceptions in removing this filter so that models will be included in the resource jars?  There will still be other issues that need to be resolved, but this will be a first step in allowing the models to be read in from a jar.

--Pei
                           <plugin>
                                  <version>2.4</version>
                                  <configuration>
                               <includes>
                               <!-- Resources will be copied by the assembly
                               No need for it to be inside the jar -->
                                 <include>**/*.class</include>
                                 <include>**/types/*.xml</include>
                                 <include>**/META-INF/**</include>
                               </includes>
                            </configuration>
                           </plugin>

RE: resources in ctakes jars

Re: resources in ctakes jars

Posted by vijay garla <vn...@gmail.com>.
I am all for adding resources to the resource jars.  It makes it very
difficult to write code/tests that use other modules when the resources
can't be resolved using normal maven dependencies.