Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2019/03/12 19:52:35 UTC

[VOTE] Uimaj-3.0.2 rc1

Hi,

uimaj-3.0.2 rc1 is posted and ready for voting.

This release corrects a few issues strengthening binary compatibility with UIMA
v2 (meaning code compiled with UIMA v2 can be run using v3 without recompiling
(except for some exceptions, like any user-defined JCas classes).

The issues fixed are here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/UIMA/versions/12344592

The source and binary tars/zips are here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uv3/uimaj/3.0.2-rc1/artifacts/

The eclipse update subsite is here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uv3/uimaj/3.0.2-rc1/eclipse-update-site/

The maven staging repo is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1220/

The SVN tag: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uv3/uimaj-v3/tags/uimaj-3.0.2/

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ] 0   Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Thanks.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] Uimaj-3.0.2 rc1

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <cw...@apache.org>.
- Build from source - OK
- Spot checked license and notice - OK
- README, RELEASE_NOTES - OK
- JIRA Report - OK
- API Documentation - OK
- Ran Document Analyzer - OK
- Installed UIMA eclipse plugins in the latest eclipse (2018-12) - OK
   NOTE: the link to plugins in RC announcement is not correct. Should be:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uv3/uimaj/3.0.2-rc1/eclipse-update-site/uimaj/
- Installed uima-core.jar into the latest UIMA-DUCC and deployed a job - OK
- Spot checked signatures - OK

All my testing was done on Linux.

[x] +1 OK to release

Re: [VOTE] Uimaj-3.0.2 rc1

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Re: [VOTE] [CANCELLED] Uimaj-3.0.2 rc1

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks to everyone for testing :-)

I have a rather big project where I'm testing uima v2 vs v3, and comparing the
results, and saw a very occasional difference, which I finally tracked down:
it's a bug in the Subiterator implementation for some edge cases.

So, I want to fix that, add some test cases, etc.

I'll also take Richard's good advice and change to 3.1.0 and mention the change
done to align the code with the Javadocs (they were inconsistent), as described
in UIMA-5869.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] Uimaj-3.0.2 rc1

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.