Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by bharath vissapragada <bh...@students.iiit.ac.in> on 2009/07/22 18:57:36 UTC

Trouble in running HBase MR jobs

Hi all ,

I am new to HBase MR programming . Though i have already used MR on hadoop
.. iam facing some difficulties in running my HBase MR job . Details are as
follows

I have written a file sample.java

I want to run only Map phase and no reduce phase and iam using
IdentityTableMp to take the input from a certain Hbase table

JobConf settings

JobConf c = new JobConf(getConf(), sample.class);
IdentityTableMap.initJob(args[0], args[1], this.getClass(), c);
c.setOutputFormat(NullOutputFormat.class);       ----------------------->
iam not sure abt this statement
c.setNumReduceTasks(0);

Initially i didnt set any OutputPath .. but when i tried to run the code ...
it raised some error saying that an OuputhPath must be set      ..so i set
it as above

Map fnction

public void mapp(ImmutableBytesWritable row, RowResult value,
OutputCollector<Text, Text> output, Reporter reporter) throws IOException {
        System.out.println(row);
}

In the map function here  im just trying to print the value of row to see
whether its working or not
when i compile the code and execute "bin/hbase sample" ... i dont get any
error and INFO abt the MR job is displayed normally. BUT the print statement
is not executed .. that is row name s not printed ..
this means that there is some problem in the conf because there is a simple
print statement in Map .. can anyone point it please ... KINDA URGENT

Re: Trouble in running HBase MR jobs

Posted by bharath vissapragada <bh...@gmail.com>.
Even if i keep simple print statements it is not working .. is there some
problem with the conf object or .. some problem with my hbase config ...

how i compiled my java file is

javac -classpath <hbase-jar path>:<hadoop jar path> <file-name>.java
bin/hbase <file-name>

is this the correct method to runt the HBase MR jobs?

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
No. Should work.

Posted by bharath vissapragada <bh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik Holstad <er...@gmail.com>.