Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Pascal Sancho <pa...@takoma.fr> on 2007/09/21 10:18:15 UTC

RE : Q: from-nearest-specified-value()

Hi Andreas,

I think you are right, the current FO is not in its ancestors list.

Reading back REC 1.1/5.10.4, the default value for this function is the same property.
In this case, the nearest ancestor-or-self specified property does a circular ref,
but the nearest ancestor specified property should not.

In extension, that should be the same thing when the function is used with an argument.

HTH,
Pascal

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Sep 21, 2007, at 10:18, Pascal Sancho wrote:

> I think you are right, the current FO is not in its ancestors list.
>
> Reading back REC 1.1/5.10.4, the default value for this function is
> the same property.
> In this case, the nearest ancestor-or-self specified property does
> a circular ref,
> but the nearest ancestor specified property should not.
>
> In extension, that should be the same thing when the function is
> used with an argument.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll commit the fix asap.

Cheers

Andreas