Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by David P Grove <gr...@us.ibm.com> on 2018/03/26 21:04:02 UTC

Get slack notification of your PR test results for OpenWhisk

I've been working with Rodric to extend and deploy the travis2slack
application [1] to enable notifications on our openwhisk-team Slack server
[2] for TravisCI PR results.  What should now be working is an opt-in
subscription service that allows you to receive direct Slack messages from
"Whiskbot" when TravisCI completes the tests for one of your PRs against an
enabled github repository.

I've added a slack command /subscribe-travis to enable self-sign up.
Simply issue the command below in the openwhisk-team Slack, replacing NAME
with the name you use in git commits (for me David Grove).

	/subscribe-travis NAME

 You should get a direct message from Whiskbot acknowledging the request
within a couple of seconds.

The back end for both the Slack command and the processing of events from
Travis is of course a pair of Composer [3] compositions powered by
OpenWhisk running on IBM Cloud Functions.

Please give it a try and let me know if anything seems amiss.   I'll plan
to give a quick demo and overview of the architecture on our next community
call on Wednesday.

--dave

[1] https://github.com/rabbah/travis-to-slack
[2] https://openwhisk-team.slack.com