Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "K.C. Jones" <kj...@phoenix-pop.com> on 2000/11/15 20:02:26 UTC

CMS with Cocoon

Does anyone know of any CMS projects/products built with
Cocoon (or Enhydra)?  I like the cocoon publishing model,
but by itself it lacks some of the CMS features like
workflow, templating, etc.

Cheers,
KC Jones

Re: CMS with Cocoon

Posted by "Ochoa Marcelo F." <mo...@ieee.org>.
K.C. Jones wrote:

> Does anyone know of any CMS projects/products built with
> Cocoon (or Enhydra)?  I like the cocoon publishing model,
> but by itself it lacks some of the CMS features like
> workflow, templating, etc.

  I made a simple CMS system, based on the Oracle CMS, but with Cocoon /
DB Prism integration.  You could see the beta version of DB Prism 1.1.0
and the CMS at:
http://cocodrilo.exa.unicen.edu.ar:7777/servlets/doc/Home.html
  Look at the link CMS to see the sources and the functionality.

> Cheers,
> KC Jones

     Best regards, Marcelo.

PD: DB Prism web site is built with this CMS.

Re: CMS with Cocoon

Posted by Steffen Stundzig <st...@smb-tec.com>.
On Wed, 15 Nov 2000 22:37:33 +0100
Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org> wrote:

> "K.C. Jones" wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know of any CMS projects/products built with
> > Cocoon (or Enhydra)?  I like the cocoon publishing model,
> > but by itself it lacks some of the CMS features like
> > workflow, templating, etc.
>
> Prowler from the infogroup-zone has some XSP tablibs to integrate Cocoon
> with their CMS. I like it because it's a nice model and I can see a work
> together with them to complete the Cocoon picture.

Yes.

Have a look at
	http://www.infozone-group.org/projects_main.html

Regards,
	Steffen...
Steffen Stundzig                            mailto:steffen@smb-tec.com

Re: CMS with Cocoon

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
"K.C. Jones" wrote:

> Does anyone know of any CMS projects/products built with
> Cocoon (or Enhydra)?  I like the cocoon publishing model,
> but by itself it lacks some of the CMS features like
> workflow, templating, etc.

Prowler from the infogroup-zone has some XSP tablibs to integrate Cocoon
with their CMS. I like it because it's a nice model and I can see a work
together with them to complete the Cocoon picture.

Giacomo

Re: CMS with Cocoon

Posted by Viktors Rotanovs <Vi...@Rotanovs.com>.
Hi,

check out
http://www.opencms.com/
It's GPL'ed CMS, written 99% in Java and 1% in ActiveX
for WYSIWYG text editing. It has templating and
workflow support.

I don't know how well it integrates with cocoon, but
probably it's the thing you need.

The main disadvantage is that it doesn't allow you
to edit XML, but I hope this will be fixed in future
versions.

> Does anyone know of any CMS projects/products built with
> Cocoon (or Enhydra)?  I like the cocoon publishing model,
> but by itself it lacks some of the CMS features like
> workflow, templating, etc.
>
> Cheers,
> KC Jones

Best Wishes,
Viktors Rotanovs
I create websites that attract more clients. http://riga.nu/
Riga Latvia +371, Phone/Fax 7377-472, GSM 9173-000