Posted to user@ant.apache.org by ni...@webhelp.com on 2000/09/28 01:06:02 UTC

obtaining interpolations?

I have a bunch of Perl I have to convert to Java (don't ask). The Perl
code has regular expressions which rely a lot on obtaining the results
of parenthectical matching of interpolations. The ORO examples show the
use of interpolations only in substitutions. I need to obtain a String
containing the results of $1, $2, etc.

Here is an example of the Perl code I'm talking about:

  $inString =~ /\-{10}\s*(.*)\s*\-{10}/s;
  my $trans = $1;

Can you do this with the ORO libs? If so, how?

thanks

-Nick

--
N. Bauman