Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bernhard Wraase <bw...@netkosmos.de> on 2001/07/31 10:37:04 UTC

howto fast ssl

We are serving jsp + servlets  always with ssl
It seems to me that without ssl its much faster.

So I ask myself...
What is faster:
tomcat standalone with ssl or
apache with mod_ssl + connector(i.e. mod_jk) + tomcat

Are there any experiences?
Is it worth the effort to install apache?
--
TIA Bernhard Wraase

Re: howto fast ssl

Posted by Endre Stølsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>.
On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Bernhard Wraase wrote:

| We are serving jsp + servlets  always with ssl
| It seems to me that without ssl its much faster.
|
| So I ask myself...
| What is faster:
| tomcat standalone with ssl or

This would make tomcat do all the crypting, which is quite a job for Java.

| apache with mod_ssl + connector(i.e. mod_jk) + tomcat

While this configuration will make a pure C compiled code (apache) do the
SSL'ing and serving of static webpages, while tomcat "only" serves the
active servlets and jsp's.

I don't have much experience with the two configurations, this is just a
"educated guess"..

--
Mvh,
Endre