Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Ranjan Banerjee <rb...@wisc.edu> on 2012/04/06 02:32:50 UTC

hadoop build problems

Hello,
  We were trying to build the hadoop source code but getting a
 lot of errors(100 to be precise). We used the ant package to build the
haddop. Tried it from both the HADOOP_HOME folder and the src folder but
 the errors continue to happen. Can someone please help us out.

Thanking you

Yours faithfully
Ranjan Banerjee

Re: hadoop build problems

Posted by Ranjan Banerjee <rb...@wisc.edu>.
Hello Amir Sanjar,
  Thanks for your help. The classpath was not set. We set it and now it is working fine.

Regards,
Ranjan

Re: hadoop build problems

Re: Hadoop: Trunk vs branch src code

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.
That depends on where you want your code to go in.

If it is a new feature then it needs to go into trunk at a minimum.  Trunk and branch-2 are very similar right now so if you want it to go into the next release with MRV2 you may want to target branch-2 as well.  It should be minimal effort to have it go into both trunk and branch-2.  If it is something for the current stable line (MRV1) you want to target that too, but in many cases it may be a lot of effort because trunk and branch-1 have diverged significantly.

--Bobby Evans

On 4/10/12 8:48 AM, "Amir Sanjar" <v1...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

which one has the latest code? If we are planing to contribute which code
base we need to use?

Re: hadoop build problems

Posted by "Hennig, Ryan" <ry...@ebay.com>.
You'll probably get better help if you give details on what OS you're
using, which JDK, version of hadoop, an example error, etc.

- Ryan