Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Mark <el...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/17 06:45:04 UTC

MINA 2 migration guide

I have volunteered to lead an effort to put together a migration guide that
shows how to 'port' a MINA 1.x based program to a MINA 2.x based program.
Here are some thoughts I have:

1. Provide some programs written using MINA 1.x and the changes that are
required to use 2.x.
2. List the bugs/features that have been closed as a result of 2.xdevelopment.
3. List the changes to the API, and the locations of the submodules/classes.

Let me know if there are other ideas people have for this.

Thanks
Mark

--
--------------------------------
The adjuration to be "normal" seems shockingly repellent to me; I see

Re: MINA 2 migration guide

Posted by Frédéric Brégier <fr...@free.fr>.
I think you've got the list.
I would suggest you to look at some mails I wrote under subject
http://www.nabble.com/-jira--Created-3A--28DIRMINA-477-29-Update-page-about-differences-between-1.x-and-2.x-to13740995s16868.html
specially those using "Update page about differences between 1.x and 2.x" as title
(I probably made something wrong for other messages that are in the same thread but shouldn't).
I mainly quote change from "past" version of trunk to new one, but already see some
changes to do in the corresponding web page. As my "past" trunk version was not so far
from 1.x version, some hint can be taken again for 1.x to 2.x.

Also I write in these thread an example of init a server using DemuxingIoHandler, but that
can easily adapted to standard IoHandler (using the correction of Trustin since I was
missing acceptor.dispose() ) and the same the client part.

If needed, I can help on those guide. Just let me know what...

Frederic