Posted to sysadmins@spamassassin.apache.org by Paul Stead <pa...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/01 09:59:07 UTC

/tags nightly commits

Howdy!

As per -
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/984ee3c26163e0281727256eabf0f29079a3fc053664416f58581ba0@%3Csysadmins.spamassassin.apache.org%3E

It looks as though the /tags commit is broken too -
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/tags/?view=log

---8<---

t/basic_lint_without_sandbox.t ..
okhttps://lists.apache.org/thread.html/984ee3c26163e0281727256eabf0f29079a3fc053664416f58581ba0@%3Csysadmins.spamassassin.apache.org%3E
depends on __DKIMWL_WL_HI which is nonexistent
FSL_BULK_SIG depends on __DKIMWL_WL_HI which is nonexistent

#   Failed test at t/basic_meta.t line 93.
# Looks like you failed 1 test of 2.
t/basic_meta.t ..................
Dubious, test returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
Failed 1/2 subtests

---8<---

The sub rule does exist, but FSL_BULK_SIG doesn't depend on
__DKIMWL_WL_HI any more.

It looks as though the SVN that is being worked with isn't up to date
for some reason.

Paul

Re: /tags nightly commits

Posted by David Jones <dj...@ena.com>.
On 5/2/19 3:44 AM, Paul Stead wrote:
> On Wed, 1 May 2019 at 17:43, Bill Cole
> <sa-bugz-20080315@billmail.scconsult.com
> <ma...@billmail.scconsult.com>> wrote:

>     The resulting generate-new-scores.sh was a mangled mess, with r1815390
>     being the committed version in trunk. I've fixed this up.
>
>     I've also committed a change made locally on sa-vm1 to
>     build/automc/apache2-le-ssl.conf.
>
>     Apparently part of the problem causing this diversity of svn breakage
>     was work done by root in ~automc/svn/*/, causing various checked-out
>     files and SVN nodes to become owned by root, so that the various 'svn
>     update' jobs run as automc (from /etc/cron.d/automc) had random
>     breakage.
>
>     All should be well now.
>

> Looks like there might still be an issue today :(
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/0c694eda1a9c73cf77b13e69130cc79aa4c1606cc2a5f8437d0fe892@%3Csysadmins.spamassassin.apache.org%3E
>
> Looks like build/mkrules is still working with an old version

I recall that depending on timing, this can take 30 to 48 hours to
happen for sure.  When I was debugging, it was very slow and painful to
work through issues.

--
David Jones

Re: /tags nightly commits

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
On 5/5/2019 10:34 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> E_WRONG_LIST

Thanks Mark and apologies to comdev for the noise!

Re: /tags nightly commits

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
E_WRONG_LIST

Mark

Re: /tags nightly commits

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
Resending with correct dev list :-)

Re: /tags nightly commits

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.

Re: /tags nightly commits

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.

Re: /tags nightly commits

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.

Re: /tags nightly commits

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.

Re: /tags nightly commits

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.

Re: /tags nightly commits

Posted by Paul Stead <pa...@gmail.com>.
Promotions and tags still seem to be a little problematic at the moment. A
run of build/mkupdates/listpromotable locally shows +300 lines difference
to active.list over the one being submitted.

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ceb563e7c5a6b83dda106d24e0d234e7c76cd5286ae898661b7a49c7@%3Csysadmins.spamassassin.apache.org%3E

Looks like parts of the build are still failing. Seems quite a painful part
of the setup - it looks that both build and ruleqa are working from the
same svn - is this causing conflicts? I'm commenting from a hidden view as
I don't have any actual access to the sa-vm1, sorry if assumptions are
wrong.

I guess you're also looking at these, I want to make sure people know :)

Paul

Re: /tags nightly commits

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.
On 3 May 2019, at 2:05, Paul Stead wrote:

> The interesting part which was showing yesterday was
>
> ---8<---
> t/basic_lint.t .................. ok
> t/basic_lint_without_sandbox.t .. ok
> FSL_BULK_SIG depends on __DKIMWL_WL_HI which is nonexistent
> FSL_BULK_SIG depends on __DKIMWL_WL_HI which is nonexistent
>
> #   Failed test at t/basic_meta.t line 93.
> # Looks like you failed 1 test of 2.
> ---8<---
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/0c694eda1a9c73cf77b13e69130cc79aa4c1606cc2a5f8437d0fe892@%3Csysadmins.spamassassin.apache.org%3E
>
> __DKIM_WL_HI exists and FSL_BULK_SIG hasn't depended on it since Sat
> March
> 23 - hoping it is just the delay that David refers to.

It was something more subtle. Apparently ~automc/svn/trunk hadn't been
updated in full since March 21. It's not clear to me what exactly is
supposed to take care of that, but I've fixed it manually.

--
Bill Cole

Re: /tags nightly commits

Re: /tags nightly commits

Posted by Paul Stead <pa...@gmail.com>.
The interesting part which was showing yesterday was

---8<---
t/basic_lint.t .................. ok
t/basic_lint_without_sandbox.t .. ok
FSL_BULK_SIG depends on __DKIMWL_WL_HI which is nonexistent
FSL_BULK_SIG depends on __DKIMWL_WL_HI which is nonexistent

#   Failed test at t/basic_meta.t line 93.
# Looks like you failed 1 test of 2.
---8<---

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/0c694eda1a9c73cf77b13e69130cc79aa4c1606cc2a5f8437d0fe892@%3Csysadmins.spamassassin.apache.org%3E

__DKIM_WL_HI exists and FSL_BULK_SIG hasn't depended on it since Sat March
23 - hoping it is just the delay that David refers to.

Thanks for pointing out the lint failures on my rules, I've been adjusting
my sandbox a bit to try and figure this out - committed fixes for this just
now.

Re: /tags nightly commits

Posted by Paul Stead <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: /tags nightly commits

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.

Re: /tags nightly commits

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.

Re: /tags nightly commits

Posted by Paul Stead <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: /tags nightly commits

Posted by Paul Stead <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: /tags nightly commits

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.
On 1 May 2019, at 8:59, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> Adding sysadmins@
>
> Dave, I am guessing something got left in a previous run when svn
> commit's failed.  Can you or I delete a check out dir that is
> cruft?
> I'm thinking a run went bad in february and couldn't commit.  I
> figure
> it should re-export, etc.?

There apparently was a conflict in place for over a year:

automc@sa-vm1:~/svn/masses/rule-update-score-gen$ ls -l
generate-new-scores.sh*
-rwxrwxr-x 1 automc automc 11530 Nov 15  2017 generate-new-scores.sh
-rw-rw-r-- 1 automc automc 11009 Nov 15  2017
generate-new-scores.sh.mine
-rw-rw-r-- 1 automc automc 10827 Nov 15  2017
generate-new-scores.sh.r1815375
-rw-rw-r-- 1 automc automc 10888 Nov 15  2017
generate-new-scores.sh.r1815390

--
Bill Cole

Re: /tags nightly commits

Posted by Dave Jones <da...@apache.org>.
On 5/1/19 7:59 AM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> Adding sysadmins@
>
> Dave, I am guessing something got left in a previous run when svn
> commit's failed.  Can you or I delete a check out dir that is cruft?
> I'm thinking a run went bad in february and couldn't commit.  I figure
> it should re-export, etc.?

I was probably rushed to fix some thing and did it as root without
fixing perms before checking it in.  Sorry about that.  Been working too
many hours at my primary job which will cause these kinds of accidents.

Looks like Bill Cole has sorted this out.  Thanks Bill.

Re: /tags nightly commits

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.

Re: /tags nightly commits

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.