Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> on 2017/04/28 19:43:24 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Ignite 2.0.0 RC1

Igniters!

We have uploaded a 2.0.0 release candidate to
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ignite/2.0.0-rc1/

Git tag name is
2.0.0-rc1

This release includes the following changes:

Ignite:
* Introduced new page memory architecture.
* Machine Learning beta: distributed algebra support for dense and sparse data sets.
* Reworked and simplified API for asynchronous operations.
* Custom thread pool executors for compute tasks.
* Removed CLOCK mode in ATOMIC cache.
* Deprecated schema-import utility in favor of Web Console.
* Integration with Spring Data.
* Integration with Hibernate 5.
* Integration with RocketMQ.
* Integration with ZeroMQ.
* SQL: CREATE INDEX and DROP INDEX commands.
* SQL: Ability to execute queries over specific set of partitions.
* SQL: Improved REPLICATED cache support.
* SQL: Updated H2 version to 1.4.195.
* SQL: Improved performance of MIN/MAX aggregate functions.
* ODBC: Added Time data type support.
* Massive performance improvements.

Ignite.NET:
* Custom plugin API.
* Generic cache store.
* Binary types now can be registered dynamically.
* LINQ: join, "contains" and DateTime property support.

Ignite CPP:
* Implemented Cache::Invoke.
* Added remote filters support to continuous queries.

Ignite Web Console:
* Multi-cluster support.
* Possibility to configure Kubernetes IP finder.
* EnforceJoinOrder option on Queries screen.

Complete list of closed issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20IGNITE%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.0%20AND%20(status%20%3D%20closed%20or%20status%20%3D%20resolved)

DEVNOTES
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ignite.git;a=blob_plain;f=DEVNOTES.txt;hb=refs/tags/2.0.0-rc1

RELEASENOTES
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ignite.git;a=blob_plain;f=RELEASE_NOTES.txt;hb=refs/tags/2.0.0-rc1

Please start voting.

+1 - to accept Apache Ignite 2.0.0-rc1
0 - don't care either way
-1 - DO NOT accept Apache Ignite 2.0.0-rc1 (explain why)

This vote will go for 72 hours.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 2.0.0 RC1

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
+1

28 апр. 2017 г. 22:43 пользователь "Denis Magda" <dm...@apache.org>

[CANCEL][VOTE] Apache Ignite 2.0.0 RC1

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
All the spotted issues have been successfully fixed. Officially closing the vote for Apache Ignite 2.0.0. RC1 candidate.

A vote for the next release candidate is to be initiated shortly.

—
Denis

Posted by Sergey Kozlov <sk...@gridgain.com>.
Thanks Alexey.

--
Sergey Kozlov
GridGain Systems

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 2.0.0 RC1

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@apache.org>.
Sergey,

--
Alexey Kuznetsov

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 2.0.0 RC1

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@apache.org>.
Nik,

Thanks, that you spotted this issue.

Could you provide a simple reproducer & create issue in JIRA?

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 6:03 AM, npordash <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Sorry to post this in a voting thread, but I tried to update a project to
> 2.0 (using the git tag Denis referred to) and I'm seeing what I assume is a
> regression. In short, attempts to access a pre-configured cache within the
> onIgniteStart() method of a PluginProvider now returns null instead of
> returning the cache. In 1.9 this was not returning null.
>
> Is this an intended behavioral change? According to the javadoc it still
> states that Ignite has fully started by the time onIgniteStart() is
> invoked.
>
> Thanks!
> -Nick

Alexey Kuznetsov

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 2.0.0 RC1

Posted by Sergey Kozlov <sk...@gridgain.com>.
Hi

It seems I found the blocker issue [1] for 2.0.0-rc1
Could someone take a look and confirm the priority?

[1] IGNITE-5120 Broken compilation for LGPL fabric edition
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-5120>

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 2:03 AM, npordash <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Sorry to post this in a voting thread, but I tried to update a project to
> 2.0 (using the git tag Denis referred to) and I'm seeing what I assume is a
> regression. In short, attempts to access a pre-configured cache within the
> onIgniteStart() method of a PluginProvider now returns null instead of
> returning the cache. In 1.9 this was not returning null.
>
> Is this an intended behavioral change? According to the javadoc it still
> states that Ignite has fully started by the time onIgniteStart() is
> invoked.
>
> Thanks!
> -Nick

Sergey Kozlov