Posted to users@camel.apache.org by jrobens <jr...@interlated.com.au> on 2009/06/22 09:40:28 UTC

etl example and message conversion

Hi

I am using M2 and trying to run the etl example.

Comes up with the following error:
org.apache.camel.RuntimeCamelException:
org.apache.camel.NoTypeConversionAvailableException: No type converter
available to convert from type: au.com.hearing.talingaBroker.PersonDocument
to the required type: au.com.hearing.talingaBroker.CustomerEntity with value
Person[user: james]

 - checked M2 out of subversion
 - changed the version from SNAPSHOT to M2
 - ran

Any ideas?

thanks
John

Re: etl example and message conversion

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi
How do you start / run the sample?

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 10:10 AM, jrobens <jr...@interlated.com.au> wrote:

> Error from the etl example is:
>
> org.apache.camel.RuntimeCamelException:
> org.apache.camel.NoTypeConversionAvailableException: No type converter
> available to convert from type: org.apache.camel.example.etl.PersonDocument
> to the required type: org.apache.camel.example.etl.CustomerEntity with
> value
> Person[user: hiram]

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: etl example and message conversion

Posted by jrobens <jr...@interlated.com.au>.
Sure - as per camel etl example

public class EtlRoutes extends SpringRouteBuilder {
        from("file:src/data?noop=true").convertBodyTo(PersonDocument.class)
            .to("jpa:au.com.hearing.talingaBroker.CustomerEntity");

        // the following will dump the database to files

from("jpa:au.com.hearing.talingaBroker.CustomerEntity?consumeDelete=false&consumer.delay=3000&consumeLockEntity=false")
            .setHeader(Exchange.FILE_NAME, el("${in.body.userName}.xml"))
            .to("file:target/customers?fileExist=Ignore");
    }
}

Re: etl example and message conversion

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Can you show use your camel routing rule?
It's hard to locate the error just from the Exception that you show us.

Willem

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi
Yeah there is an issue there. Will create a ticket for this bug

Posted by jrobens <jr...@interlated.com.au>.
Running it as follows:

#cd camel-example-etl
#mvn clean compile camel:run