Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Robert Young <bu...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/12 14:06:15 UTC

upgrading to lucene 2.3

I have heard that upgrading to lucene 2.3 in Solr 1.2 is as simple as
replacing the lucene jar and restarting. Is this the case? Has anyone
had any experience with upgrading lucene to 2.3? Did you have any
problems? Is there anything I should be looking out for?

Thanks
Rob

Re: upgrading to lucene 2.3

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
See:

for various solutions around taking advantage of Lucene's new
capabilities.

-Grant

Re: upgrading to lucene 2.3

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.

RE: upgrading to lucene 2.3

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
What will this improve?

> ok, and to do the change I just replace the jar directly in
> sorl/WEB_INF/lib and restart tomcat?

That should work.

-Yonik

Re: upgrading to lucene 2.3

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.

RE: upgrading to lucene 2.3

Posted by Fuad Efendi <fu...@efendi.ca>.
I did the same:

Stopped SOLR-1.2, replaced Lucene jars, started SOLR-1.2

No any problem.

Re: upgrading to lucene 2.3

Posted by Robert Young <bu...@gmail.com>.

Re: upgrading to lucene 2.3