Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> on 2013/04/29 16:19:06 UTC

Apache CloudStack 2013 Collaboration Conference Call for Proposals

We're pleased to announce that the [1]Call for Proposals (CfP) for the
second CloudStack Collaboration Conference is now open! The conference
is being held in Santa Clara, CA from Sunday June 23 through Tuesday
June 25.

The Collaboration Conference will feature tracks for users, developers,
and integrators of Apache CloudStack. We're looking for presentations
that provide insight into best practices in deploying and developing
Apache CloudStack.

This will be an outstanding opportunity for developers to collaborate,
exchange ideas, and get work done face-to-face with other Apache
CloudStack contributors to improve Apache CloudStack.

## Proposals

The program committee will be looking for presentations and workshops
related to working with and developing Apache CloudStack. This includes
everything from running CloudStack at scale, best practices for working
with IaaS clouds, discussions about CloudStack's architecture,
proposals for feature development, and more. We're also open to talks
that go hand-in-hand with managing Apache CloudStack, like
configuration management and monitoring tools.

In short, if it's relevant to Apache CloudStack development,
deployment, and integration, we're interested in what you might have to
say. For an example of what we're looking for, check out some of the
[2]videos from last year's event.

## Timeline and Deadlines

There's no time like the present to submit a proposal. We recommend
getting your proposal in early, and feel free to ask questions about
talk ideas on marketing@cloudstack.apache.org if you want tips for
success! You can reach the CfP committee at
planning@cloudstackcollab.org.

## Dates for proposals are as follows:
  * Call for Proposals is opened on April 22nd.
  * Call for Proposals closes on May 11th.
  * Notifications will go out on May 17th.
  * Confirmations will be due by May 22nd.

## Travel Sponsorships

Not sure if you can afford the airfare and lodging to attend the
Collaboration Conference? Please don't let that stop you from
submitting your best proposal. We may be making a number of travel
sponsorships available for speakers who have useful information to
share with the Apache CloudStack community.

## Code of Conduct

The Apache CloudStack community is open to everyone. As such, we are
committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for
all - regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity,
or religion. We respect and encourage diversity at our conference.

By agreeing to present at the conference, you are agreeing to abide by
the code of conduct. We expect all speakers and attendees to have read
and understood the code of conduct, and that all presentations will
meet this standard.

## Questions?

If you have questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out
to the conference planning committee by sending an email to
planning@cloudstackcollab.org.